Tuesday July 22nd Ashellia came home from the hospital.
Ashellia's last few moments in her hospital crib.
Dressed in a dress her Grandma Byrne gave her.
Preemie size and she still swims in it a little.
lol.
We forgot to take more pics in between hospital and home but
here she is oh so tiny in her bassinet.
I was nervous about her coming home
because I hadn't had much alone time with her
in the 18 days since she was born...
Always a nurse close by and monitors
making sure she was alright and everything.
She is just so tiny
and while she is like a normal term baby
as far as most of her care goes
it just made me nervous because of everything.
But the good news is that so far things are going pretty well.
We are all adjusting relatively well.
Emmalyne is loving her role as big sissy
taking it on more and more now that she has 2 little sisters.
She loves to help with Ashellia,
brining the wipes and a diaper when it's her changing time
and wanting to help feed her sometimes too.
Laurana is fascinated by this baby that is smaller than her,
wanting to hold Ashellia's hand
and for some reason always trying to take her binky out of her mouth.
She had a problem when I tried to use one of the bottles
that she's known to be hers till just recently for Ashellia
but it didn't seem to work out for Ashe
so she doesn't have to worry about that at this point.
She sometimes gets upset when Daddy has Ashe too
because she has become a major Daddy's Girl in the last month or so.
But I think we are helping her to understand a little better
and she will adjust hopefully without much if any jealousy.
3 comments:
It always takes the siblings time to adjust to the new baby. I am glad that everything is going well. It always made me nervous to bring the baby home, no nurses live in my home!!!!!!!!
She looks so precious. I'm glad you guys are all doing well. What fun with 3 little girls!
Your baby is a little angel! She is completely precious! I can't wait to meet her! I like the picture of her clapping! (:
Post a Comment